RSCK COVID-19 UPDATE
Our priority is the safety and security of our members, business partners, staff and community. Considering the COVID-19 virus being declared an official pandemic and a national emergency, RSCK is taking steps to mitigate the risk of the coronavirus:
- In accordance with today’s announcement from Sedgwick County declaring a ban on public gatherings of 250 people or more, we will not have any general membership events until further notice.
- Staff will review each committee meeting, council meeting, event and education class on a case-by-case basis to determine whether to cancel, postpone, or reschedule. Members participating in these various activities will be notified by email on the status. For those activities that continue, we will waive any cancellation fees and attendance requirements for anyone that does not feel comfortable attending.
- For those meetings/events/classes that remain as scheduled, we will discourage hand shaking/other contact. We will be supplying hand sanitizer and working to minimize risks. We will practice “social distancing” and attempt to provide everyone with 3 feet of personal space.
- All RSCK entry and exit door handles and other RSCK surfaces are being regularly wiped with disinfectant. Staff have been instructed to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer consistently throughout the day.
- Any staff exhibiting the beginnings of flu or coronavirus symptoms will be required to work from home if the position allows or take mandatory PTO (paid time off).
- Any member or volunteer visiting RSCK exhibiting flu or coronavirus symptoms will be asked to leave the building or meeting.
- Staff will continue to monitor all applicable updates from health authorities for guidance.
We encourage our members and business partners to also take necessary precautions. Please consider limiting access to office buildings and providing health safety tips for showings and open houses. There are several great resources available for those making these important decisions about safeguarding the health of their employees and clients—A couple of the resources are listed here:
We are pleased to have a protocol in place to ensure continuity in the Association’s operations and continued service to our RSCK members. Currently, the Association office remains open for business, M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. You are encouraged to watch for RSCK updates on our website, social media, and your email, as we navigate through the next few weeks.Previous: Director Spotlight - Monica Miller Next: Virtual Discussion - Coronavirus Impact on Local Real Estate 3.19.2020