REALTORS® Secure Services as Essential in Sedgwick County Stay-at-Home Order
As we anticipated yesterday, the Sedgwick County Board of Health made a recommendation to the County Health Officer to enact a Stay-at-Home order. At 11:00 a.m. today, it was announced Dr. Garold Minns signed the order. It will go into effect at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday and continue for 30 days.
RSCK and its REALTOR® members were successful in lobbying the Sedgwick County Commission to include real estate services as an essential business in the order. This means the real estate sector may continue to conduct business within Sedgwick County within the parameters of the various federal, state, and local government edicts (e.g. social distancing, no gatherings greater than 10 people, etc.).
There are bound to be questions. Resources we’d like to point you to now:
- Sedgwick County officials will hold a press conference to offer additional details at 1:00 p.m. today. Watch here.
- For your local one stop shop for all things COVID-19, go to www.sedgwickcounty.org
- If you think you or someone else may be sick, dial 2-1-1
- For Stay-at-Home inquiries from businesses, dial this hotline number 316-660-9000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- RSCK will disseminate guidance to REALTORS® with information on how to operate in this environment this week
- In the interim, please contact RSCK with questions at 316-263-3167 or email@example.com with specific government affairs inquiries
RSCK StaffPrevious: SG Co. "Stay At Home" Policy - Deeming Real Estate "Essential" Next: COVID-19 Guidelines & Best Practices