L.E.A.D. Academy 2020
RSCK’s Professional Development Committee and Board of Directors recognize emerging leaders of today will guide REALTOR® and community organizations of tomorrow and have established a leadership development program known as the L.E.A.D. Academy.
The purpose of this program is to cultivate visionary leaders for our Association and communities through a powerful series of programs. This intensive and dynamic leadership experience will combine individual study, group sessions and actual project experience to develop leadership skills. Candidates will gain valuable knowledge they can apply in both their business and personal lives.
Sessions include Orientation, Personal Strengths, Team Building, Meeting Management, Legislative, Leadership, Public Relations, Community, Strategic Planning, Conflict Resolution, Negotiations, and Visionary Thinking.
Candidates will learn from dynamic people like Parliamentarian, Ann Rempel; Mediator Jeannie Erikson; WSU’s Center for Community Support and Research, Seth Bate; plus many other fantastic instructors and facilitators.
January 10th – In the Know: The Program, Yourself and Others!
- StrengthFinders – discover your strengths & how to utilize them
- Team Building – customized program from WSU
February 20th – Know the Association: Meet and Greet
- Robert’s Rules training with KAR Parliamentarian Ann Rempel
- Tour RSCK office & meet staff – learn what they do
- Committees – Hear from the Chairperson what each one is all about
- RSCK Board Meeting
March 20th - Community and You: One Can Affect the Other
- Wichita Police Department, Wichita Fire Department, Chamber, Visit Wichita, Greater Wichita Partnership
- Central Plains Area Agency on Aging, Habitat for Humanity, United Way, Children’s Home, American Red Cross
April 17th – What a Capital Idea!
- The legislative process
May 8th – In the Eyes of the Public
- Video book reports from homework assigned at earlier date
- Social Media training
- Spokesperson/Media training
June 12th – Leadership: What does it take?
- Full day of leadership training
July 10th – Disputes: Prevention & Resolution
- Video reports from civic and charity homework assigned at earlier date
- Mediation/Negotiation/Conflict Resolution
August 14th – Moving Towards the Future
- Strategic Planning training
- Why Use a REALTOR® video work
The cost for RSCK L.E.A.D. Academy is $299 - THAT'S ONLY 37.38 PER DAY.
This includes the eight (8) all day sessions, all related materials, and lunches. Program held bi-annually.
For questions: Contact Cindi Ferguson, Professional Development Director via email or by calling 316.263.3167